CALIFORNIA WOMEN’S AMATEUR CHAMPIONSHIP INFORMATION
53rd CALIFORNIA WOMEN’S AMATEUR CHAMPIONSHIP
Quail Lodge & Golf Club, Carmel
July 16 – 20, 2019
84 players will play two rounds.
Tuesday, July 16th: Round 1 (18 holes, stroke play)
Wednesday, July 17th: Round 2 (18 holes, stroke play)
Following the second round, the field will be cut to the low 32 players for match play
Thursday, July 18th: Rounds of 32 and 16 (match play)
Friday, July 19th: Quarterfinals and Semifinals (match play)
Saturday, July 20th: Championship Match (18-hole match play final)
ELIGIBILITY: The championship is open to female amateur golfers who have an established current Handicap Index of 7.4 or below as of the time of registration.
ENTRIES OPEN: Friday, February 1, 2019
ENTRY DEADLINE: June 30, 2019
PLAYER INFORMATION & PAIRINGS: Complete tournament information, which includes details on practice rounds, pairings, starting times, and yardages played will be emailed and posted online after entries close.
ENTRY FEE: $250. The entry fee includes green fees, range balls, player gift and breakfast and lunch each day.
REFUND POLICY: Full Refund less $10.00 processing fee if requested prior to closing date. 50% refund after the closing date and 48 hours prior to the event. No refunds will be honored within 48 hours of the event.
FORMAT: 84 players, comprised of exempt players followed by those registered with the lowest Handicap Indexes as of July 1, 2019, will compete in the championship. The championship field will play 36 holes of stroke play. The top 32 players will advance from stroke play to single-elimination match play.
Note: Carts are not permitted for the championship proper. The NCGA/SCGA will use United States Golf Association guidelines in determining cart exemptions for ADA-approved disabilities.
ENTRIES & WAITLIST: All entries will be held on a waitlist until registration closes. 84 players, comprised of exempt players followed by those with the lowest Handicap Indexes as of July 1, 2019 will be accepted into the championship field. Should the number of entries exceed the field size, those not initially accepted into the field will remain on the waitlist ranked by July 1st Handicap Index and will be moved into the field in that order when an opening occurs.
All exempt players must still meet eligibility requirements and register online for the championship prior to the entry closing date:
- Past 10 California Women’s Amateur Champions
- 2018 California Women’s Amateur Championship (Quarterfinalists)
- Top 10 from the 2018 NCGA Women’s Player of the Year Points List
- Top 10 from the 2018 SCGA Women’s Player of the Year Points List
- 2018 NCGA Women’s Amateur Championship (Top-10 finishers)
- 2018 SCGA Women’s Amateur Championship (Top-10 finishers)
- 2018 CIF State Girls High School Champion
- 2019 California Senior Women’s Amateur Champion
- Any women who reached match play of the 2018 U.S. Girls’ Junior Championship, U.S. Women’s Amateur, or U.S. Women’s Mid-Amateur Championship
- Any women listed on the top 500 on the WAGR as of June 1, 2019
- Special Exemptions as selected by the NCGA & SCGA